LUBA puts a high priority on preventing workers’ compensation fraud, which costs the industry billions of dollars each year and affects everyone involved – insurers, policyholders and providers.
There are numerous ways fraud can be committed:
- Malingering or exaggeration of symptoms
- Working while allegedly disabled and not reporting income
- Claiming a job-related injury that never occurred
- Claiming a non-work related injury as a work-related injury
- Falsifying mileage reports
- Underreporting payroll or misclassifying employees for lower insurance premiums
- Deducting premium dollars from employee wages
- Employer knowingly fails to have necessary workers' compensation coverage
Medical/Health-Care Provider Fraud
- Providing unnecessary testing or treatment of injured workers to reap financial benefit
- Billing for services or treatment never performed
- Billing the workers' compensation insurer and the workers' health insurer for the same services
Report Workers' Compensation Fraud
Please complete the form below to the best of your ability. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.