Prompt and accurate benefits are owed to an injured employee once their claim is determined to be compensable. You must report work-related accidents immediately to ensure proper delivery of benefits. Delay in these benefits may expose both you and LUBA to penalties and attorney fees.
- Medical Only: Claims that do not incur indemnity (wage loss) benefits.
- Lost Time: Claims that incur both medical and indemnity benefits.
- Reporting Purposes Only: Reported accidents that do not immediately yield an injury that warrants benefits. Records of these accidents are input into our system and the claim immediately closed pending further activity. This serves as evidence of your and our knowledge of the accident.
Do any of the following conditions apply to your claim?
- Blindness or loss of eye
- Brain Injury
- Burns of more than 20 percent of the body
- Quadriplegia or severe paralysis
Due to the severity of the claim, this must be reported via telephone to LUBA at 1-888-884-5822.
Note: if the call is after hours, the answering service will contact the LUBA claims department immediately.
Please be aware that if an injury involves a fatality, amputation, or loss of an eye, it must be reported to OSHA immediately. Please call their free and confidential number at 1-800-321-OSHA (6742) to report.